Author of Predictive Innovation
|Introduction||Mark helps leaders solve seemingly unsolvable problems so they reliably deliver 10x more desired results with less risk using readily available resources by using Predictive Innovation®.
He is a non-stop thinker, researcher, and author of Predictive Innovation® a first principles based system of thinking.
|Biography||Silicon Valley veteran with over 30 years experience creating new technologies including working with Apple, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Visa, & Nintendo.
At age 12 saved money from mowing lawns & shoveling snow to buy a personal computer & teach himself to program. Began college at 14 & by 16 was programming professionally with a start up that developed the first software to apply Edward Deming’s work in a US automotive factory by General Motors.
Dropped out of a PhD in Physics at the University of Michigan when recruited by Apple Computer to make something insanely great leading to the creation of the Agile Methodology.
While working to build the first online crowd funding & peer-to-peer digital media platform, suffered a brain injury requiring him to relearn how to think and in the process discovered how to teach average people how to think like a genius.
Currently enjoys living as a digital nomad with a passion for creating makerspaces to give everyone access to tools and a community to create global abundance
- Programmed the first statistical process control system used in a US automotive factory.
- Contributed to creating Agile while at Apple Computer.
- Integrated the first use of world wide web technology at Hewlett Packard in 1994.
- Designed and led team to develop QuadraMed’s ClaimStar for Windows, which contributed to the companies stock increasing 500% in 3 years.
- Designed & developed the Virtual Reality Engine used by Spectrum HoloByte on games like Top Gun & Falcon 4
- Created business models for the BitTorrent peer-to-peer digital media distribution system enabling
greater artistic control & income for artists while allowing consumers to freely share copies.
- Produced one of the first online video series to exceed 1 million views prior to Youtube existing.
- Oversaw technology for first global dual TV & Internet video broadcast, reaching 1 billion viewers.
- Taught Predictive Innovation® in 7 countries on 4 continents including classes at MIT and University of Surabaya Indonesia
|Speaking styles||Consultancy, After Dinner, Chair/Panel member, Conferences, Keynote, Media - Interpretation/Comment, Presenter, Seminar/ workshop, One2One, Seminar, Training, Workshop
|Speaking categories||Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Business Entrepreneurship, Corporate Turnaround, Future & Technology, Futurists, Futurists & Forecasting, Corporate innovation
|Industry experience||Advertising, IT, Management, Manufacturing, Technology, Banking, Entertainment
|Keywords||Agile, Lean, Innovation, TRIZ, Product Development, Software, Colloboration, Blue Economy
|Audience sizes||0-10, 10-50, 50-100, 100-250, 250-500, 500-1000, 1000+|
There are no reviews yet for Mark Proffitt.